The competition is now open for submissions from 1 February until Midnight 31 March* 2019 Australian Eastern Summer Time (AEST). No entries after this date will be able to be submitted. (*Please note the competition deadline has been extended by 2 weeks)
Firstly, read the Competition Rules.
- Go to the 16 STORIES SYNOPSIS page and read about the writer(s), the musicals from which we have taken one song, and pertinent information about the song itself. Specifically, look at what voice type the song is written for (Women, Men or Either) the song’s vocal range, and the character information about who sings it in the show production.
- Click on the button for any song to hear the original songwriter(s) demo (on the left side of the page) and, next to it, watch and listen to the Australian Discovery Orchestra’s recording of that song as it was arranged and recorded for the album. If you are selected to sing on the final recording, it is to this orchestra backing-track you will be contributing your vocal talent.
- When you have chosen the song with which you want to enter the competition click on the button for that song.
- This will take you to our online ENTRY FORM where you will fill-in the information we need to know about you, so that we can verify your eligibility and, also, to communicate with you if you are selected as one of the 16 vocalists to sing on the album.
- When finished completing the Entry Form, click on SUBMIT.
- This will automatically redirect you to the PAYPAL payment page. After submitting your $50.00 AUD (Australian dollars) entrance fee for the song you have chosen to enter the competition with, click on at the bottom of your PayPal receipt, and you will be redirected to Digital Pigeon where you will be able to download the following materials:
- An mp3 of the piano-only track of the song you have elected to sing for download to your computer, mobile phone or tablet.
- A lead sheet of that song (melody line and lyrics) (.pdf).
- A lyric only document (.pdf).
- A set of instructions on how to use the EZ Voice karaoke app from IK Multimedia (.pdf). This app (part of iRig) is free to download and use requiring no registration for either Android or iOS (Apple) iPhones and iPads. Please note you are not required to use this App to enter the competition. You may use any means at your disposal to record your voice to the supplied backing track – for example, Apple’s GarageBand is another popular program being used by entrants.
- Instructions how to securely upload your finished vocal demo back to us. (.pdf)
GOOD LUCK AND WE WISH YOU LUCK IN BEING CHOSEN AS ONE OF OUR 16 STORIES!