By providing us with any information, you warrant to us that you are over 16 years of age.
Full name of legal entity: Australian Discovery Orchestra
Email address: [email protected]
C/- HLB Mann Judd
PO Box 2850
If you have concerns with any aspect of our data collection, processing and retention policies, you have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority for data protection issues in your jurisdiction. Before you do so, however, we hope you will contact us first so that we can work to resolve your concerns.
We want to ensure that all information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us if your information changes. You may email us at [email protected]
2. DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include data that has been anonymized.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
• Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
• Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
• Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also process aggregated data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. For example, we may review website usage data to determine which website features are in highest demand, or require the greatest resources. Aggregated , when combined with your personal data in such a manner that you can be identified, is treated as personal data.
Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you.
If we are required to collect personal data by law, or pursuant to the terms of a contract between us and you do not provide that data when requested, we may be unable to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). Therefore, If you don’t provide us with requested data, we may need to cancel the contract, and we will so notify you.
3. HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
• Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
• order our products or services;
• create an account on our site;
• subscribe to our service or publications;
• request resources or marketing be sent to you;
• enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
• give us feedback.
• Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below Technical Data from the following parties:
• analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
• advertising networks such as those provided by Facebook, which is based outside the EU; and
• search information providers Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. which may be based both inside or outside the EU].
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services [such as [Paypal] based [inside OR outside] the EU].
• Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators [such as [NAME] based [inside OR outside] the EU].
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Per the functionality of this plugin, backups of your website files and/or database are created and stored locally on your server and/or remotely on 3rd party servers based on the settings of this plugin. Archives can include, but are not limited to, file and database assets, including hashed passwords, 3rd party data, uploads and user information. These backups are stored to provide critical functionality of this plugin.
Cookies are used to handle importing and restoring backups.
Some plugin settings ask for an email address or login credentials to 3rd party services. This is stored to provide functional features to the plugin.
This plugin tracks dates, times and actions of successful and unsuccessful backups and remote data transfers. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
This plugin logs some personal information such as email addresses, usernames, database and server information. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
How long we retain your data
Backup retention is completely up to the website owner. This can vary from less than one minute to indefinitely.
Cookies used during the restore/import process expire after 24 hours.
Settings are retained indefinitely until they are changed or removed manually.
Where we send your data
Backups are not automatically sent to remote destinations automatically, however backups can be configured to be sent to third-party servers.
How we protect your data
Backup zip files are stored with hashed file names to prevent filename guessing and directory browsing is disabled.
What third parties we receive data from
Backups can be sent to third-party destination servers, including but not limited to:
Source: The Events Calendar
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Event, Venue, and Organizer Information
If you create, submit, import, save, or publish Event, Venue, or Organizer information, such information is retained in the local database:
- Venue information: name, address, city, country, state, postal code, phone, website, geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude)
- Organizer information: name, phone, website, email
- Event information: website, cost, description, date, time, image
Importing Events, Venues, and Organizers:
- All data present within a CSV or ICS file and external URLs (for events, venues, organizers, and tickets)
- Import origin data (URL from where events are being imported—such as Eventbrite, MeetUp, other compatible URL sources, and more, which can include similar or same data as listed above)
- Eventbrite Ticket information: name, description, cost, type, quantity
Please note that to create new events through the Community Events submission form, a user must hold a website account on this domain. This information is retained in the local database. It is also possible to create events anonymously, if the site owner has this option enabled.
When purchasing Eventbrite Tickets, attendee, purchaser, and order information are stored and managed by Eventbrite.
We make use of certain API keys, in order to provide specific features.
These API keys may include the following third party services: Google Maps, Facebook, Meetup, PayPal, and Eventbrite (API key, auth URL and Client Secret).
4. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
• Where we need to perform a contract between us.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
Purposes for processing personal data
The table below describes the ways we may use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Further details will be provided upon your request to [email protected]
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
(i) requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
(ii) if you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
(iii) have not opted out of receiving marketing communications
We may share personal data with our affiliates in connection with their marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time [by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences] OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at [email protected] at any time.
If you opt-out of receiving our marketing communications, we may continue to use personal data you have provided as a result of a purchase, contest entry, product or service experience or other transaction.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent as required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURE OF DATA
It may, from time-to-time be necessary for us to share your personal data with certain third parties for the purposes set out in the table above. Those third parties may include:
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
• Governmental and quasi-governmental authorities of relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
• Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
It is our policy to require third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. Such third parties will only be permitted to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We have implemented reasonable security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, disclosed or lost. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In determining the retention period for personal data, we consider the quantity, character, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from improper or unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process personal data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
For tax purposes, we may be required to retain certain basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for as many as seven (7) years after they cease being customers.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymize personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with particular individuals) so that we may use it to for research or statistical purposes. Anonymized information may be retained and used indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, applicable data protection laws may confer upon you certain rights, including the right(s) to:
(a) Request access to your personal data.
(b) Request that we correct your personal data.
(c) Request that we erase your personal data.
(d) Object to processing of your personal data.
(e) Request that we restrict processing of your personal data.
(f) Request that we transfer your personal data.
(g) Withdraw your consent, if we have relied upon it.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you are an EU data subject and you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email your request to us at [email protected].
Ordinarily, there is no fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request.
As a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person without a right to receive it, we may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to expedite our response.
If you exercise any of these rights, we will try to respond within one month, however if your request is complex, or you have made several requests, we may need more time in which to respond. We will endeavor to keep you updated.
10. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. Whenever you navigate away from our website, you should read the privacy policies of the other sites you visit.